Last night Joe and i made the yummiest dinner and i just wanted to share. I was craving Nachos, but we're trying to be a bit healthier at the moment so we decided to make our own.
- Pita Bread (we actually found low fat high fibre pita bread)
- Canola Oil
- Sea Salt
1. On a baking tray lightly cover in canola oil (only a small amount)
2. Cut the Pita Bread up into small sections.
3. Lay the Pita Bread out on the tray and sprinkle with Paprika and Salt. You will probably have to do more then one lot because you don't want the Pita Bread layering up
4. Grill in the oven - make sure you watch it as it cooks pretty fast and you'll need to turn it over.
For the on top ingredients we used:
- One can of baked beans each (only the small cans)
- 1/2 can of Kidney beans each
- Hummus (1 heaped tsp)
- Light Sour Cream (2 tsp)
- Sprinkling of cheese
- Lettuce cut very finely
- Some cut up tomato
It was yum. I had to be strict with myself with quantities because usually with nachos i end up making a massive plate and getting soooooo full i feel a little sick.
We even have left over pita chips which i've put in a bag to take with us today. We're going to go for a walk, maybe down to the botanical gardens. Will see where we end up!
I didn't take any photos last weekend. Will try to again this weekend.